Sunday, December 27, 2009

2010..what's up?

Christmas was over, and wasn't too crazy, thank goodness. I managed to enjoy myself at the inlaws and not gorge myself too much. I felt different this year, because I was able to maintain some of my goals to stay healthy and happy at a time when there is so much gluttony and sadness all around. It is a very emotional time that I want to redefine in my adult life. I want this time of year to be about loving family and friends and enjoying company rather than seeing how much money and food and drink can be consumed in a 48 hour period.
As Christmas moves away for yet another year, I want to focus on becoming the person I think I am. I love to do vision boards to help me with this. Another good way of defining my year is to write out 100 things about you;who you are, what you want to do, how you want to be....
I found that my vision boards came out surprisingly on point, and the things that did not appear were due largely to my self-imposed limitations.
I think overall, I would like to be more generous of my time- to volunteer more time for causes I believe in. To be more authentically charitable. To find what I am passionate about and fight for it.
I feel that the work I do has become more authentic the more I let go and give of myself in the moment. I still can't help but wonder what more I could be doing because I work with children of privilege....Perhaps becoming more political about education is a way to go- or to return to education for furthering my career and clearly defining my interests.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say I ADORE your blog and moreover, I ADORE you!!! Your written words are so honest and heartfelt. Can't wait to see you again. I could converse with you forever.... you have so many interesting things to say.
    I miss you! xo

    ReplyDelete