Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thank you end of the week!

This week has been rough. I ate enough chocolate to last me a couple of years, and was really down. I don't know what came first. This happens every year at this time. I have so much to do, so many expectations placed on me by family and work, I don't take time for myself. Finally this year, I cracked- I threw out the junk, I went to the gym and had the spin of the century with some guy just off a plane from military duty in Afghanistan. He was a big hunk of ripped, mean man candy.

I am all about making my muscles scream- sadistic? Maybe in some circles. I need that fix. No matter how tired and down or stressed I feel, a workout always seems to solve it all.

I really want to redefine the holidays with my family. So often it is about eating. This year I suggested going skiing- I was shocked when they agreed! We are not having junk in the house. I am just enjoying time with family, and saying no to the constant pressure to sit and eat for several days straight.

This week I want to go with the flow- easier said than done. It is the single most busy week of the school year. There are concerts, dinner, parties, p/t meetings, not to mention hyper excited children! I want to make this week my week of simplifying my diet, exercising whenever I can, and commit to give myself time to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment