Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day One Comes Over and Over Again

So I started blogging over 5 years ago, but my last blog got lost in the ether. Why blog?That was the problem I had then. I saw it as a self-centered, navel gazing activity with no purpose. Now I see differently, or maybe I just need the medium more than I did then.

My blog is about me- but I would like to see it as a self-reflective, journalistic exercise that is not necessarily meant for anyone but me. My main focus is health- this is a real focus for me right now, and has been a constant struggle to find throughout my life.

For the last 5 years I have enjoyed a more active life than in all my childhood and adolescent years combined and I love it! Love it! It is like church for me. My problem, my last frontier is to make the full change- healthy eating, healthy living space, healthy mind and of course, a healthy spirit. My motivations are to live a truthful life, and not try to be something for another person, but also to "clean shop" before the inevitable baby times....

I found Crossfit to fit the bill of my new lifestyle but after just under a year, I feel very new and uncoordinated, and well, not athletic at all. It challenges my physical as well as mental strength, and has led to interesting thoughts open larger questions, like what am I really doing of value? Am I staying true to my word?

So my goals from this day on are to :
Make the final leap into a completely healthy lifestyle, even if it means I lose a few people on the way.
Learn to value my efforts as real, but also be accountable and responsible for how I live my life
Use this as a journal of my thoughts, Ideas and findings on various topics

No comments:

Post a Comment