Monday, December 7, 2009

Unfaithful

Why am I so committed in my public and professional life? I have a strong sense of responsibility and use integrity in the choices I make and actions I use, and yet- I am so unfaithful? I am so unfaithful to myself. My goals, desires and dreams often take a back seat to everyone else...and I don't even have kids yet!

I promise time and time again that I will use the right actions to nurture my lifestyle and body and yet I neglect myself over anonymous people's needs. How old do I need to be to learn that this is not healthy?

Finished Day one of p/t interviews and feel a strong need to continue my learning. I am interested in learning about the shifts in education in the past 10 years; trends, issues, methods....I feel a postgrad coming on! oh oh...this only spells money, money, money!

One thing that I have learned- children are different now. They are sophisticated and complex, and yet all their worldliness is still filtered through a child's eye. It is simply very complicated to address the modern child from a teaching perspective. Timing is everything, but so is content. Children want the point fast and relevant. At the same time, they are truly joyful when they have the room to linger over their work and enjoy the process unfettered by adult schedules and expectations. I think it is kinda hard to be a child in the world today.

I 'm tired, but don't want to end my day with wine and chocolate- again...ugh...

No comments:

Post a Comment