Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Escapades-Just say no to Mock- Chocolate.


I always wonder why we do it...Because it is family....As I try to clean up my life, my relationships, my body and home, I am noticing that so much surrounding holidays and family get together s involves so many unhealthy habits. I want to rewrite how I spend time with my family during holidays....

First problem- I drove 800 km this weekend to see family for 8 hours....The stress and pain that came from that much driving (my back is killing me) really made me wonder the value of this act.

Second problem- the minute I get in the door- Easter bread and chocolates are offered. In my family it is considered an insult not to eat it. I didn't take it, and this makes family feel that I "don't love them".....This is a whole other topic.

Third problem- Going out with the in-laws to eat an Easter brunch. How come that every time there is a holiday brunch it involves so many unhealthy options....Not to mention it promotes overeating....There was a "carb table of hell" that was totally inedible in my opinion. There were no options that were not laden in fat, sugar, carbs....Basically I could only eat some cut up veggies and beef.

The most interesting realization that I came to is that it is o.k. to say no...It may feel uncomfortable for a moment, but people get used to it and the focus will go on to something new. Another thing that I concluded is that I love how I feel when I am eating healthy..I am actually craving this, even at times of celebration and relaxation- when I used to see these times as an excuse to eat crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment